Subject: terminology

Judging from yesterday's flurry of terminology discussion, it is clear that
we have not yet put our Requirements specification to bed. I propose not to
issue another draft until we have discussed our requirements in Tokyo.
Plan on this discussion being in our opening session Monday afternoon and
to come to consensus at that time.  I will attempt to distill a summary of
the terminology issues from the postings to present at that meeting.
Everyone with a strong interest in the terminology has a responsibility to
be at that discussion or to accept the consensus of those present.
Otherwise, we will never be able to move forward on the technical
specification.

One exception:  We will need to flatten our contribution to the ebXML
Requirements document ASAP since the new version of that document is needed
for Tokyo.  If the draft contribution is ready before Oct. 25, that will be
our main agenda item for the Oct. 25 conference call. Please plan to attend
or to accept the consensus of those present.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center