Subject: RE: no synch vs asynch indicator in CPP/CPA

Martin Sachs:
>Your last paragraph is describing a very different notion of sync and async
>than the one under discussion.

I know, that was my point.  People were talking about whether sync or
async should be at the business process or transport levels, and I was
suggesting that there could be a use for the words at each level
but it would mean different things.

(Which gets back another point, which is that these discussions
would be easier if we had an agreed-upon logical software protocol
stack and some idea of the responsibilies of each layer...)

-Bob Haugen