Subject: RE: Does the current CPA/CPP spec support multi-hop?

Stefano,

> - In my modest opinion, multi hop is when the Hub really does not do
> anything
>   else than acting as a middle point, without translation nor change in
>   the protocol semantic. In my opinion what you both describe is
> a situation
>   where the Hub does much more than that: at least it implements a
> rudimental
>   state machine to twist things from the sender to the receiver.

I do not see this much different than a Gateway which converts (but is not a
source of)
the incoming packet to outgoing including the protocol (like ppp to
Ethernet). If
we take that analogy, the Hub could be viewed in that way. Is there any loss
or
complicacy in following that model ?

Regards,
Devendra Tripathi