Subject: RE: [PartyId "type" negotiation]

William,

	Yep, we are not going to trust any arbitrary document. Also, just to point
out, there are degrees of trust depending on the information. <soapbox>
Actually, even now we are only automating manual operations - that way we
are still in the age of ADP (for those young souls, ADP used to mean
"automated data processing" ;-)) When we really leverage the internet, we
would need a lot more security and trust mechanisms</soapbox>

	Yes, if the <partyid> bag is part of the document signed by some entity you
trust, then of course, you can trust the partyid as well.

	Remember, it is not *absolute* that you need signed documents and CPA. For
example if you want just weather condition, you might be Ok with a general
provider. Of course, these days, folks would start feeding you false weather
conditions ;-0

	The ebXML Registry requires a signature somewhere (signed header or signed
payload) to identify and authenticate the Submitting Org. So your and
Prasad's e-mails are true in the sense that ebXML Registry vouches for the
identity of the SO and by association, we can say that the docs are also
trust worthy (so long as we use a trusted pipe like SSL, well infrastructure
is another topic, better dealt with after some sleep ;-))

cheers