Subject: Re: Please Respond: TP Sections in ebXML Requirements Spec 1.04

Mike,

Formally speaking, it is always the Party that is discovered.  However, it
might be worthwhile including the following sentence from the QR comment:
"There can, and will be, multiple profiles for specific process, regions,
buyers and
systems throughout one organisation."  This could be added at the end of
the paragraph in lines 839-845. I believe that the revised paragraph is in
accord with what ebXML has done thus far.

I lifted some words from the above QR comment to improve what the TP spec
says in this area.

There is also a broader issue that might best be left for after Vienna:  In
watching the discussions about Regrep and its relation to UDDI, it has
become clear to me that the CPP is probably not the primary object to be
discovered.  Discovery is much more likely to occur through a yellow-pages
function or similar taxonomy.  Once the Party is discovered through such a
function, its CPPs would then be visible for use determing business-process
and IT compatibility.  In short, the real statement about discovery should
relate to the discovery functions provided by the Registry.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center