Subject: RE: Initial correlation of ebXML Transport requirements with CORBA services

so can someone tell us what the functionality of these models.. so that we
can do our due diligence?

-----Original Message-----
From: srh@us.ibm.com [mailto:srh@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, December 10, 1999 12:25 PM
To: Henry Lowe
Cc: Rik Drummond; Henry Lowe; ebXML-Transport@lists.oasis-open.org;
henry@emerald.omg.org; andrew@emerald.omg.org; soley@emerald.omg.org
Subject: RE: Initial correlation of ebXML Transport requirements with
CORBA services

Henry,
Well put.

Food 4 thought:

I would add to your comments that in the end, commercial transactions for
eMarkets
over the internet via XML will require functionality that is similar to
almost all of the
already-thought-out CORBA Services, and Java Enterprise semantics; without
an ORB.
If you buy into this thought, the intellect of these problems has already
been spent,
and a logical approach to some of this may be to start with these current
programming models
and collaboration patterns mapped to an ORBless environment.

Hmmmmm,

Scott R. Hinkelman
IBM Austin
Architecture and Development, Industry XML/Java Standards
Office: 512-823-8097 TL793-8097
Home: 512-930-5675
Cell: 512-940-0519
srh@us.ibm.com