ebxml-transport message

Subject: RE: Conference Call

David they match. i summarized the list for the presentation. the only thing
different is the api, which i thought we had agreed upon before i had to
leave. soooo there is not difference. your list is the subcomponents of the
list i gave in the presentation. soo relax.... there is no secrete agenda
here.

best regards, rik

-----Original Message-----
From: David Burdett [mailto:david.burdett@commerceone.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2000 12:54 AM
To: Rik Drummond
Cc: Ebxml Transport

Rik

Can I suggest that on the conference call on Wednesday we resolve some of
the differences between the "next steps" that you presented in your
end-of-conference presentation that you gave on the Friday morning and the
list of activities that as a group we developed the previous Thursday
evening when you were attending the steering committee meeting.

>From your presentation you suggested the following:
o Produce: a STRAW-HORSE paper:
	- API example
	- Reliable Messaging
	- Message
		. Structure
		. Headers (bqm, e5, xml messaging, other)
		. Security
	- Protocol/Choreograph
o	Implementation on Network Transports. Several documents e.g. for
SMTP, HTTP, Corba, etc

Whereas in the meeting the previous evening we developed the following list:
0.	Incorporate final changes identified in Requirements and Definitions
documents to produce V 1.0 draft of the Requirements and Definitions for
"public" consumption
1.	Identify other standards/protocols that we need to analyze

2.	Analyze the standards/protocols to produce a document that
identifies gaps and overlaps in the definition of their message structures
and content. Process:
2.	Analyze the standards/protocols to produce a document that
identifies gaps and overlaps in the definition of their message structures
and content. Process:
	 build initial list of data that needs to be in the message header
and other parts of the message, based on one protocol (to be selected)
	 individuals with good knowledge of each protocol under review
annotates initial list with gaps and overlaps
	 annotated lists consolidated into a single document/list
3.	Based on the consolidated list/document from 2, define a
syntax-neutral definition  of the data that needs to be in a Message Header
and other parts of the message that can be mapped to the protocols analyzed
in step 2
4.	Define template sequences for the exchange of messages that can be
used specific business protocols, for example: request, acknowledge, checked
ok, full response
5.	Liase with other ebXML groups, especially Repository, Core
Components and Architecture to ensure consistency and that their
requirements are met

I think it important that we come up with as soon as possible:
o an agreed set of deliverables,
o a development process to follow that leads to their completion, and
cirtically
o named individuals to carry out the required activities

Regards

David