Subject: RE: Conference Call

From: owner-ebxml-transport@lists.oasis-open.org
[mailto:owner-ebxml-transport@lists.oasis-open.org]On Behalf Of David
Burdett
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2000 12:54 AM
To: Rik Drummond
Cc: Ebxml Transport

Rik

Can I suggest that on the conference call on Wednesday we resolve some of
the differences between the "next steps" that you presented in your
end-of-conference presentation that you gave on the Friday morning and the
list of activities that as a group we developed the previous Thursday
evening when you were attending the steering committee meeting.

>From your presentation you suggested the following:
o Produce: a STRAW-HORSE paper:
	- API example
	- Reliable Messaging
	- Message
		. Structure
		. Headers (bqm, e5, xml messaging, other)
		. Security
	- Protocol/Choreograph
o	Implementation on Network Transports. Several documents e.g. for
SMTP, HTTP, Corba, etc

Whereas in the meeting the previous evening we developed the following list:
0.	Incorporate final changes identified in Requirements and Definitions
documents to produce V 1.0 draft of the Requirements and Definitions for
"public" consumption
1.	Identify other standards/protocols that we need to analyze

2.	Analyze the standards/protocols to produce a document that
identifies gaps and overlaps in the definition of their message structures
and content. Process:
2.	Analyze the standards/protocols to produce a document that
identifies gaps and overlaps in the definition of their message structures
and content. Process:
	· build initial list of data that needs to be in the message header
and other parts of the message, based on one protocol (to be selected)
	· individuals with good knowledge of each protocol under review
annotates initial list with gaps and overlaps
	· annotated lists consolidated into a single document/list
3.	Based on the consolidated list/document from 2, define a
syntax-neutral definition  of the data that needs to be in a Message Header
and other parts of the message that can be mapped to the protocols analyzed
in step 2
4.	Define template sequences for the exchange of messages that can be
used specific business protocols, for example: request, acknowledge, checked
ok, full response
5.	Liase with other ebXML groups, especially Repository, Core
Components and Architecture to ensure consistency and that their
requirements are met

I think it important that we come up with as soon as possible:
o an agreed set of deliverables,
o a development process to follow that leads to their completion, and
cirtically
o named individuals to carry out the required activities

Regards