Subject: RE: ebXML TP&R Conf Call Minutes 9 Feb 2000

Dave, I don't mind the name change, but don't show my mother, she might take
it personally.
Also, please note that I represent Group 8760/IETF EDIINT.

Dick Brooks (aka Nick Brooks)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ebxml-transport@lists.oasis-open.org
[mailto:owner-ebxml-transport@lists.oasis-open.org]On Behalf Of David
Burdett
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2000 11:38 AM
To: ebXML Transport (E-mail)
Subject: ebXML TP&R Conf Call Minutes 9 Feb 2000

These are the minutes/notes from todays call. The focus is on actions rather
than the precise narrative of what was discussed.

ATTENDEES
=======
In no particular order:
*	David Burdett, Commerce One/IETF XML Messaging
*	Nick Kassem, Sun Microsystems
*	Melanie Kudela, UCC
*	Chris Ferris, Sun Microsystems
*	Nick Brooks, Group 8760/EDINT
*	Prasad Yendluri, Vitria/RosettaNet
*	Pratram Mishra, Integrity
*	Dwight Arthur, Depository Trust and Clearing Corp
*	Ian Jones, British Telecom
*	John Ibbotson, IBM
*	Scott Hinkleman,  IBM (Observer)
*	Nicola Stojanic, ebXML Architecture Group liason
*	Philip De Smedt, Viquity
*	Rik Drummond, Drummond Group
*	John Abjanic, Intel

ACTION everybody: correct spellings, missing names, incorrect attributions

ACTION POINTS
============

1. DRAFT ARCHITECTURE DIAGRAM
The Draft Architecture diagram was discussed and some clarifications made.
ACTION: Nicola Stojanic to develop revised diagram as part of Architecture
Group effort to be incorporated in revised TP&R Overview and Requirements
Document

2. REQUIREMENTS AND OVERVIEW DOCUMENT
ACTION Everyone provide comments to the list by the end of this week (11
Feb)
Target to finalize and publish the document after next weeks conference call
ACTION - David Burdett to send "clean" copy of the current document to the
list  - Completed
ACTION - David Burdett to send copy of diagrams in the current document to
the list - Completed
Actions carried over from workshop:
1) Mapping to object terminology in into - ACTION Henry will re-work the
requirements spec to indicate the separation between transport and
packaging/enveloping
2) Definition of Transaction - various folks to complete definitions as
follows
	a) "ACID" transactions (TBD) - ACTION John I to do
	b) "EDI" transactions (TBD) - ACTION Dick B to do
	c) "Conversational" transactions (TBD) - ACTION John I to complete

3. TEMPLATE CHOREOGRAPHIES
Develop Use Cases for Template Choreographies - Overall Responsibility
belongs to Dick Brooks
ACTION: Dick Brooks to bring in support from Jerry Brown of Sabre
ACTION: Review status of activity next conference call

4. DATA ITEM GAPS & OVERLAPS ANALYSIS
The process that was agreed to follow was:
*	extract the definitions of the header only parts of the specs listed
below. Send the relevent parts to the list. ACTION everybody
*	group data items roughly together and produce summary document
ACTION John I
*	review progress next week and aim to complete within two weeks

The standards that will be reviewed are:
*	UCC Net
*	OAG
*	e5
*	XML Messaging
*	BizTalk
*	EDI INT AS1 & AS2
*	EDI Header
*	RosettaNet
*	FIX

Volunteers present on todays conference call agreed to send the information
to the list - you know who you are ...

5. APIs
Some discussion on:
*	whether or not APIs should form part of the strawman. ACTION agreed
to review in April whether anything could be included in the May deliverable
*	whether or not APIs should perhaps be called a Service Interface.
ACTION continue discussion in next conference call

TOPICS FOR NEXT WEEK
====================
1. Review all action items
2. Prepare Agenda
3. Consider new items. Including
*	Security
*	Reliable Messaging

ACTION: Everybody - anything else to add to the agenda.
Next call Feb 16, 2000, 8AM Pacific Time, call in number to follow.

David

Advanced Technology, CommerceOne
1600 Riviera Ave, Suite 200, Walnut Creek, CA 94596, USA
Tel: +1 (925) 941 4422 or +1 (650) 623 2888;
mailto:david.burdett@commerceone.com; Web: http://www.commerceone.com