Subject: RE: Conf. Call follow-up

John says ...

>>>I assume we would be able to support multiple MIME envelopes within a
single transport wrapper?<<<

We can, but I'm not sure we should include this requirement in our work. The
only reason I can think of doing it is if we want to send multiple
un-related messages at the same time, and I don't see sufficient benefit in
doing this compared with the extra complexity involved. I'm willing to be
convinced though.

>>>Is further nesting necessary or simply being over complex ?<<<

As far as our work is concerned, I don't think we should "design in" any
extra nesting. However if someone want's to put a complete MIME message (no
matter what it contains) as part of another MIME message in order to meet a
specific design requirement, then MIME supports this and they are entitled
to do so.

To my mind, these two requirements both fall the wrong side of the KISS
principle.

Regards

David
PS John didn't send the original to the ebxml list, but I'm assuming he
intended to !

I like David's view of the message structure since it matches my own. I
assume we would be able to support multiple MIME envelopes within a single
transport wrapper ?
Is further nesting necessary or simply being over complex ?
John

MQSeries Technical Strategy & Planning,
IBM UK Ltd, Hursley Park,
Winchester, SO21 2JN