Subject: RE: Conf. Call follow-up

the word batch is used in two ways: 1) batch communications like in the IBM
world and 2) batching transactions like in the accounting world were a bunch
of related items are grouped together.... we are talking about the latter...
rik

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ebxml-transport@lists.oasis-open.org
[mailto:owner-ebxml-transport@lists.oasis-open.org]On Behalf Of Jenkins
Gordon
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2000 5:14 PM
To: Dick Brooks; David Burdett; ebXML Transport (E-mail)

With respect, is not  the Model we must be thinking about for the future
NOT be " batch "or "packet" thinking -
business on the internet will demand "on line"
-meaning instantaneous.
Gord
Gordon Jenkins
Standard Chartered Bank C&IB
Senior Product Manager: Electronic Commerce
51 Bras Basah
SINGAPORE 189554

Email : gjenkins@singnet.com.sg

Tel :65-331 5095