Subject: ebXML Transport - minutes conf call March 16, 2000

Folks

Belatedly I attach the minutes from last Thursday's Conference Call. If
there are people's names that are omitted from the attendees, I'll add them
as corrections to the next minutes.

This is the second week that I have been late in getting these minutes out.
I would therefore suggest that we rotate the "keeper of the minutes" to
spread the load. Can we talk about this on this weeks conference call.

Regards

David

MINUTES ebXML TRANSPORT CONFERENCE CALL: March 9, 2000

ATTENDEES
In no particular order:
*	Rik Drummond, Drummond Group
*	David Burdett, Commerce One
*	Ian Jones, British Telecom
*	John Ibbotson, IBM UK
*	Nick Kassem, Sun Microsystems
*	Dale Moberg, Sterling Commerce
*	Nikola Stojanovic, ebXML Architecture Group liason
*	Prasad Yendluri, Vitria/Rosettanet
*	Kit Lueder, Mitre
*	Chris Ferris, Sun Microsysytems
*	Jim MacCarthy, Xi
*	Dick Brooks, 8760
*	Terry Harding, Terry Grough Cyclone Commerce
*	OMG Members:
	- Dan France(BEA, US)
	- Henry Lowe (OMG, US)
	- Leo Uzcategui (IBM, US)
	- Henry Balen, Xenotrope Inc
*	David Turner, Microsoft
*	Bob Miller, GEIS
*	Dan Frantz, Nashua
*	Dwight Arthur, Depository Trust and Clearing Corporation

Apologies for incorrect names, attributions or omissions - please send me an
email with
corrections.

OUTSTANDING ACTIONS FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES
*	Rik to get latest copy of Overview & Requiements document published
on the ebXML web site. DONE
*	Everyone who wants to take part in the prototype obtain resources
within their companies. DONE ? Sun and Sterling Commerce indicated that they
might produce an early prototype.
*	Nikola to post link to Gartner Report to the list. DONE
*	Rik to approach the Marriot hotel to try and get discounted rates
bookings then post hotel details to the list. ACTION Rik D. DONE - going to
Harvey Hotel at Dallas/Fort Worth
*	Rik encouraqed everyone to book Brussels soon as the the hotels are
filling up as there is another conference running at the same time. Rik to
provide details on the hotel he is staying in to the list - DONE

REQUIREMENTS & OVERVIEW DOC
Main discussion was on getting the document onto the working group's web
site.

IETF & ebXML ... & W3C
Still need to progress involvement with other standards authorities.

ebXML OUTER WRAPPER
*	Most of the meeting was devoted to the debate over whether or not
use XML or MIME as the outer wrapper. Identified that there were some XML
based solutions already in existencs (e.g. BizTalk) and they should be
investigated to see if they could work. Also identified the need to specify
a list of requirements for the outer wrapper so that the rationale for
choosing a particular approach could be decided.
*	Agreed to take discusion offline and hold a separate conference
call. ACTION Dick Brooks to organize conference call - DONE

NEXT F2F IN DALLAS FORT WORTH 4-6 April 2000
*	Now fixed for the Harvey Hotel

BRUSSELS ebXML MEETING
*	Agreed to publish message header Specification in the week after

FUTURE CONFERENCE CALL RESPONSIBILITY
Responsibility for organizing calls are:
*	March 16, Dwight Arthur
*	March 23, Nick Kassem
*	March 30, Dale Moeburg
All calls will occur at 11AM EST, and last for 1.5 hours.

NEXT CONFERENCE CALL
Dick Brooks will be conference call leader while Rik Drummond is in Japan.

CommerceOne, 4400 Rosewood Drive
Pleasanton, CA 94588, USA
Tel: +1 (925) 520 4422 or +1 (650) 623 2888;
bmailto:david.burdett@commerceone.com; Web: http://www.commerceone.com

Advanced Technology, CommerceOne
4400 Rosewood Drive 3rd Fl, Bldg 4, Pleasanton, CA 94588, USA