Subject: Concern with basic ebXML TRP Syntax/Semantics

I have a concern with the basic ebXML TRP approach. As I indicated last
month, as far as I know, the TRP approach is in conflict with the ebXML
Requirements specification. If I understand right, the ebXML TRP
solution is MIME based only, which is not an XML solution.

I quote the last paragraph from Section 1 Introduction of the ebXML
Requirements:
"A key aspect for the success of the ebXML initiative is adherence to
the use of the W3C suite of XML and related Web technical
specifications.  Although these specifications may not provide the
optimal technical solution, acceptance of ebXML by the business
community and technical community is tied to XML.  Alternative
technologies and technical specifications may be incorporated as part of
the ebXML solution.  However these alternative technologies and
specifications will only be provided as an alternative to the provided
XML solution unless the W3C XML and related Web technical specifications
can not accomplish the same business functionality."

Kit.

--
    _/    _/             Kit C. J. Lueder
   _/   _/         _/   The MITRE Corp.         Tel:  703-883-5205