Subject: RE: [Fwd: Re[2]: Concern with basic ebXML TRP Syntax/Semantics]

Kit,

This addresses the digital signature requirement but what about encryption?
There is no W3C standard for encryption.

Dick Brooks
http://www.8760.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ebxml-transport@lists.oasis-open.org
[mailto:owner-ebxml-transport@lists.oasis-open.org]On Behalf Of Kit
(Christopher) Lueder
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2000 11:28 AM
To: Dick Brooks
Cc: ebXML-Transport@lists.oasis-open.org

I think the obvious answer is that W3C is developing an XML Signature
specification, and we defer finalization of an ebXML signature solution
until that is finalized. It would be unfortunate for the ebXML signature
solution (i.e., based on PGP or S/MIME) to be different with and
incompatible with the W3C signature solution.
Kit.

--
    _/    _/             Kit C. J. Lueder
   _/   _/         _/   The MITRE Corp.         Tel:  703-883-5205