Subject: Re: Should ebXML standards be based on XML?

Instead of me voicing my view on this topic raised by Kit, let
me quote Jon Bosak's message he sent out during this discussion
in the Transport PT, since his comments are full of common
sense.  I also like to underline the point raised by Scott's
reply:

"We must use the best-of-breed techniques that are in wide
spread use today instead of reinventing the wheel".  This view
has been expressed by the Executives since the start of ebXML
and is still valid today and for the rest of this initiative.

I hope with those comments that we can move on in order to
receive the Draft Specification from the Transport Team shortly
in order to evaluate the technical solution on its technical
merits.

Regards,

Klaus-Dieter Naujok
ebXML Chair

PS. Please forgive me for sending this to multiple lists, but
currently ebXML's general list does not cover all ebXML
participants. Because of it, I am posting to those lists that
Kit posted on.