Subject: Re: Message Type Description

Thanks for posting this document. It helps clarify a number of issues. I
think we may want to take this off-line in the interest of reducing
Signal/Noise but for now let me make a couple of comments. Keep in mind
these comments are in the context of the demo.

  - I think the headers reflect a blurring between Transport layer, Message
layer, and Application layer. There may be a good reason for this and I'm
still at the point of convincing myself of it's merit. I am not there yet
but I'm keeping an open mind. I am coming from a world of strict layering
i.e. the transport should only see what it has to in order to do its;' job.
Then it's clear what value ebXML Transport actually provides. My assumption
is that if it isn't making the life of an application developer easier then
why bother.

  -  The document shows the transport consuming messages only from the
network and implies the transport state machine is driven by network events
only. I may have this wrong, but is there some assumption that the
Transport, Message and Application layers are in the same thread of
execution ? My assumption is that the Transport Layer state machine is
driven by events at the Application layer ( for now I am assuming the
Message layer is a Transport sub-layer) as well as event from the Network
layer(s).

Regards,
Nick