Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re[2]: Concern with basic ebXML TRP Syntax/Semantics]

William,

I don't mean to deprecate X12 or EDIFACT's work, but it doesn't
have the same level of ubiquity as MIME.  If there was a X12
implementation on as many computers as there are MIME implementations,
there's a reasonable chance ebXML would never have been proposed.

I believe ubiquity is heavily behind choosing MIME.

Best regards,
Henry