Subject: RE: DTD, XSD and sample XML header docs

Chris

I'm not absolutely sure, but I think you might have based your DTDs on a
slightly out-of-date version of the spec. I've compared what you've done
with version 0.5 of the header spec and here are the differences ... and
also a couple of questions/comments. These are all based on the XSD version
of the header.

David
=====================
1. MESSAGE MANIFEST
This should not be in the header, the structure should be more like ...
<ebXMLHeader>
  <MessageManifest>
  </MessageManifest>
  <MessageHeader>
  </MessageHeader>
</ebXMLHeader>

2. REF MESSAGE ID
a) This should be RefToMessageId
b) It isn't optional since if there is no earlier message it contains
"NotApplicable"

3. TRANSPORT SLA ID
a) This should be optional as it defaults to a "standard SLA for the
Transport Protocol". (Although if we are to be consistent with
RefToMessageId, perhaps it should contain "StandardSLAForTransportProtocol")
b) I don't think we can mandate this be a URI, for the same reason that we
can't make "Address" a URI. It just needs to be a code that can be
recognized unambiguously by the parties involved. A URI is one way, but not
the only way, of achieving this.

4. RELIABLE MESSAGING INFO
a) the enumerated list should just have "AtMostOnce" and "Unspecified" in it
b) I think we need to cater for three situations eventually (... but perhaps
not in a level 1 header). Specifically:
  i) Where there is no reliable messaging implied (i.e.
DeliverySemantics="Unspecified")
  ii) Where there is reliable messaging (DeliverySemantics="AtMostOnce", but
there is no Transport SLA. In this case either:
      * use ebXML specified default values for the Transport protocol if
there is no TransportSLAId specified, or
      * include the required paramter information in the Reliable Messaging
Info, this will have to wait until after we've done the Reliable Messaging
Spec
  iii) When there is a pre-existing Transport SLA, in which case, perhaps we
should set DeliverySemantics="TransportSLA"
Either way I think we need to do more thinking about this as we work on the
reliable messaging spec.

5. ADDRESS and ADDRESS CONTEXT
I'd prefer the style ...

  <From>
    <PartyId AddressContext="duns">12345</PartyId>
  </From>

... or perhaps it would be better as ...
  <From>
    <PartyId
      <Address Context="duns">12345</Address>
    </PartyId>
  </From>

... if the address cannot be expressed as a URN, or ...

  <From>
    <PartyId >urn:duns.com#12345</PartyId>
  </From>

... or perhaps ...

  <From>
    <PartyId
      <Address>urn:duns.com#12345</Address>
    </PartyId>
  </From>

... if it can.

6. DOCTYPE and DOCID
a) Why do we abbreviate these ... I don't think we abbreviate anything else
b) "DocType" should be "DocumentLabel"
c) We will, in the spec, need to  provide much more precise semantics on how
to identify documents within the same message.