Subject: RE: BusinessServiceInterface or ServiceInterface

What we could also do is say that a BusinessServiceInterface is a subclass
or subtype of a mor general ServiceInterface. We could then allow the TRP
specs to be more generally applicable whilst still supporting the needs of
ebXML specifically.

From: Christopher Ferris [mailto:chris.ferris@east.sun.com]
Sent: Friday, July 21, 2000 3:39 PM
To: ebxml transport

you make the call.

I'd like to get a consensus on the name of
what is now labeled as the BusinessServiceInterface
element of the ebXMLHeader.

David has raised the point that BusinessServiceInterface
may be placing unnecessary consraint on its intended
meaning, thinking that there might be 'technical'
ServiceInterfaces, etc.

I tend to agree that ServiceInterface might be
more appropriate. However, BPWG has named this
class in their BP metamodel BusinessServiceInterface.
I have suggested that they rename it. Are there
any objections to renaming this element?

Comments?

    _/_/_/_/ _/    _/ _/    _/ Christopher Ferris - Enterprise Architect
   _/       _/    _/ _/_/  _/  Phone: 781-442-3063 or x23063
  _/_/_/_/ _/    _/ _/ _/ _/   Email: chris.ferris@East.Sun.COM
       _/ _/    _/ _/  _/_/    Sun Microsystems,  Mailstop: UBUR03-313
_/_/_/_/  _/_/_/  _/    _/     1 Network Drive Burlington, MA 01803-0903