Subject: RE: TRP Work Plan - Version 17 Aug 00

>>>I can't agree with the argument that the interface definition will
increase the complexity of management of the specification.<<<

That isn't my main reason for keeping the interface definition spec
separate.

I think it should be possible for two parties communicating using the TRP
spec to achieve COMPLETE interoperability without implementing ANY of the
Interface spec - i.e. conformance to the wire protocol alone should suffice.
Do you agree?

If this is true, then implementation of the Interface spec is purely
optional and therefore an implementer MAY choose to ignore it. Thererofe it
should be in a separate spec.