Subject: Review of Reliable Messaging Spec v0-074

Jim,

I'm on a plane at the moment, and hence am out of list contact, so
forgive me if I'm out of order with the following observations. I
believe there are two issues to resolve regarding requirements for ebXML
reliable messaging prior to converging on comments to be addressed in
the spec:

1) The "level" of the messaging service that the reliability spec
addresses, particularly WRT to RM-GROUP semantics.

2) Whether the reliability requirement is truly for AtMostOnce
semantics or for something more. An amount of the reliable messaging
spec goes well above the strict interpretation of AtMostOnce, with no
way to specify through the message header whether this is desired or
not. I have a longer diatribe about this in my Messaging Service spec
comments.

We've been discussing issue 1 for awhile, but I'd like to see
us come to closure on both these of these issues ASAP so we can move
forward.

-gvh-
begin:vcard
n:Van Huizen;Gordon
tel;work:510-848-1988
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.sonicmq.com
org:Progress Software;XML and Internet Technology
adr:;;14 Oak Park;Bedford;MA;01730;
version:2.1
email;internet:gvh@progress.com
title:Director, Product Management