Subject: RE: Trading Partner Logical Identification based on EDIFA

I agree, but let's be careful with the word "transport".  Some security
functions are the responsibility of the transport implementation (e.g.
SSL), and some are probably the responsibility of the messaging service.
As I have noted in other contexts, the messaging service needs to be aware
of what's going on in the transport function.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center