Subject: RE: Trading Partner Logical Identification based on EDIFA

Message text written by INTERNET:dick@8760.com

I beleive your solution would work if we defined a strict classification
system for these "Failures". Each "Fail" message would be accompanied by a
"classification", perhaps what David Burdett is suggesting in his error
spec
would fit the bill.

> Once again we also have a minimalist approach - if you are at Level 1,
> you have full access to BP, RegRep and responsive behaviours, thru
> down to level 6 where you have a simple static RegRep emulation, that
> only has one builtin default "fail" behaviour for transport or payload
> handling.

This sounds like a flexible quality of service capability (lets everyone
choose the QoS they need), I think this is good.

Dick - I'll look at Dave Burdetts' stuff later today in detail.  From your
comments
this looks like we are all heading in the same direction on this and
so at some point we can produced a consolidated 'best of' approach,
and then look at how this interfaces to RegRep and BP -

I'm encouraged.

Thanks, DW.