Subject: Re: discussion priorities

DW,

I'd love this solution if I was running the RegRep and charged
on a per access basis :-)

But, alas, it's a tad inefficient (read slow transactions) to
say nothing of the managerial nightmare of keeping the RegRep
up-to-date with all the routing info (which might include
alternative routes for when the first one fails).

For my dime, I'd rather have something like a reference to
subheaders containing the routing info when you have a multi-hop.
That way, the usual simple 1-hop case uses the current "To"
field (efficiently) and multi-hops point to an extended route
in the message somewhere (no network accesses for routing info
so efficiency isn't lost).  Of course, this needs to be extended
a bit to cover routing failures and alternative routes.

Of course, there may be a better scheme as I haven't researched
this topic or consulted with colleagues who are real routing
gurus.  Anyone have a better wheel?

Hey, David, you didn't even need the steel vest :-)

Best regards,
Henry