Subject: RE: TRP Work Plan - Version 17 Aug 00

David,

Please see single comment embedded below for context.

Henry

At 02:44 PM 08/22/2000 -0700, David Burdett wrote:
>Henry
>
>We have from the requirements and overview document ...
>>>>
>1) Servers/systems that support the exchange of documents shall be treated
>as "black boxes"
>2) The method used to transport documents shall be completely independent
>of:
>  a) the hardware used by the server/services at each end
>  b) the software or systems architecture of the server/services at each the
>language used for implementation of systems and applications.
><<<
>
>I think these requirements imply that one party need have no knowledge of
>the technology used by the other party. In turn this means that:
>1. A party must be able to discover *everything* they *need* to know just
>from the message, and therefore
<hal>
I'm not sure the quote above says that everything must come from the
message itself and excludes some of it coming from parameters of the
(conceptual or real -- take you choice) service interface.  While I
can't speak for Gordon, I read between the lines (always dangerous)
that he saw some of this info coming from these parameters.
</hal>