Subject: FW: TRP Work Plan - Version 17 Aug 00

Resending as original bounced

-----Original Message-----
From: David Burdett
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2000 2:59 PM
To: 'Henry Lowe'
Cc: 'gvh@progress.com'; 'mwsachs@us.ibm.com'; 'Jim Hughes'; ebxml
transport
Subject: RE: TRP Work Plan - Version 17 Aug 00

Henry

When you say " there was an arrow (API) from the TPA to the Messaging
Service" do you mean from the Application to the Messaging Service? If you
mean this arrow, then I mean that sometimes the application wants to know
about the delivery of the document.

A real world analogy might be making a telephone call to the mail room to
check that the package you asked them to delivery got there.

More precisely I expect this interface to include primarily inquiries such
as on (not a complete list): whether a message has been sent, receipt of
acknowledgement, authenticity of a digital signature. All these things can
have a business relevance and therefore interfaces to them should be
exposed.