Subject: Re: Tracking Log RE: discussion priorities

David,

The short answer to you question is YES; but the long
answer (i.e., how you might do it) is:

Been thinking about this and the multi-hop problem (I think
they are linked) and have at least a simplistic solution in
mind -- a doubly linked ring of To/From items, one for each
hop of the route, and a designated Originator and Destination
so you know where a message started and where it's (supposed
to be) going; each Messaging Service Handler (MSH - not sure
how to pronounce this) will add a "been here" element to a log
at the end of the message (it has to be at the end so implementations
don't need to copy/manipulate the buffered message received to
add the "been here" -- efficiency consideration, copying from
one buffer to another is BADness).

This is probably best explained with a diagram.  I'll try to
draw it up and send it out.  I was thinking that this could be
integrated with the RM spec first (as Jim Hughes pointed out,
RM already has the start of multi-hop in it) -- is that OK
with you/Fujitsu, Jim?

Question: will the RM spec eventually be integrated with the
Messaging Service spec?

This is also the "How it might be done" for my comment on
section 3.3.1 (lines 454-472) of the Messaging Service spec.

Best regards,
Henry