Subject: confusion on where to discuss trading partners

Re-sending because of a delivery failure.

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
P. O. B. 704
Yorktown Hts, NY 10598
914-784-7287;  IBM tie line 863-7287
Internet address:  mwsachs @ us.ibm.com
---------------------- Forwarded by Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM on 08/25/2000
11:48 AM ---------------------------

Martin W Sachs
08/24/2000 12:21 AM

To:   ebxml-transport@lists.ebxml.org, ebxml-tp@lists.ebxml.org
cc:
From: Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM@IBMUS

A very  senior individual in ebXML has noticed a lot of discussion of
trading parners on the TRP list and asked me to remind everyone that
discussion of trading partners belongs on the TP list.  I agree.

However I also recognize that trading partners will continue to come up in
TRP discussions because a large fraction of the TPA consists of
messaging-service configuration information.  We should all be sensitive to
the need to transfer any discussion thread to the TP list when it becomes
exclusively devoted to trading-partner matters.

As a practical matter, I urge that anyone interested in the subject of
trading-partner profiles and electronic TPAs subscribe to both the
transport and the TP lists.

Praying for a successful delivery (to both lists), I am

Yours sincerely,
Marty