Subject: Re: FWD Re: Failed posting on RM issues

Sspecifying polling frequency in the TPA is not appropriate because a given
TPA involves two particular partners while the RM function involves all
TPAs using the particular transport path.  Each TPA might specify different
polling frequencies.  Oour goal should continue to be to keep the RM
details transparent to the application (and therefore transparent to the
TPA).  One could think about a TPA which defines the relationship between
two Messaging Service instances but this should be a last resort.

The RM proposal indeed increases efficiency by decreasing the ACK frequency
but as I discussed in my comments to the current version of RM, this
efficiency is at the cost of substantially increased latency for each
message since no received message can be passed up to the application until
all messages in the RM group have been successfully received.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center