Subject: Re: Words for charset

Ian/Chris,

IMO, the character encoding of the data within a MIME body part must follow the
encoding specified in the charset parameter associated with the Content-type
header. In other words, it wouldn't be good to "change" encodings from UTF-16 to
UTF-8 in the middle of a body part, the two encoding schemes are VERY different
and I believe the MIME parser would choke on this.  I suggest we use the XML
prolog to identify the character set encoding for XML documents (including the
ebXML header), instead of the charset parameter in the MIME Content-type header.
This will accomplish two things:

1. Eliminates possible conflict between the charset parameter in the MIME header
and encoding parameter in the XML prolog.
2. Provides character set encoding to the XML parser when a XML document is
loaded.