Subject: Re: Trading Partner Agreement definitions

I think this is good to break out the definitions.
But, what does "designed to be used for Commerce" mean? This is the
distinguishing factor between  PA and TPA. So, if we do this,
we need to indicate more specifics...........

Concerning Party Profile, it seems to me that the correct model needs
to be in context of BP and Service interfaces. I believe:

1) A Party fundamentally supports 1 or more BusinessProcess
2) A BusinessProcess supported by a Party is associated to one or more
ServiceInterfaces
which except Documents.
3) Associated with a ServiceInterface are TechnologyCapabilities (some
interfaces may only
be contacted via email, etc).

So, maybe:

"A PartyProfile is information about a Party that can be used to determine
the
supported BusinessProcesses and associated ServiceInterfaces, along with
the
TechnologyCapabilities for each ServiceInterface."

Scott Hinkelman
Senior Software Engineer, IBM Austin
Emerging Technologies, SWG
512-823-8097 (TL 793-8097) (Cell: 512-940-0519)
srh@us.ibm.com, Fax: 512-838-1074

"A.J. (Tony) Blazej" <ablazej@openapplications.org> on 09/10/2000 03:52:07
PM