Subject: Re: TRP Error Handling Spec Draft

Hi Dick,

        The proposed XML Dsig standard is still an Internet Draft which will
expires on January 11th. I have been following it closely since January this
year. If we are looking at RFCs, the reference RFCs we should look at for
the authenticity and non-repudiation of messages could come from :

-        RFC 2801 - Internet Open Trading Protocol - IOTP v1.0
-        RFC 2802 - Digital Signatures for the v1.0 Internet Open Trading
Protocol (IOTP)

        I will definitely keep this updated on any progress on the drafts
and the RFCs. XML DSig standard is probably what we should strive for as it
comes out of the working draft mode. I can come up with a framework for
integrating of these signing mechanisms into ebXML.

        Also, for the purpose of ebXML, we should look closely at Trusted
Timestamping Authorities for our documents. ie. Valicert (the entity
formerly known as Receipt.com has also been merged with them last year)

Regards,
Daniel Ling
Technical Architect
VCHEQ
PGP Key ID : 0122020A
PGP Fingerprint : 37B4 E1ED 2840 6EA7 917C  7D84 6608 0EED 0122 020A
WEB: www.vcheq.com
DID: 65-8258225
FAX: 65-5365082

CONFIDENTIALITY CAUTION : This message is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity  to whom it is addressed and contains information that
is privileged and confidential. If you, the reader of this message, are not
the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this
communication. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify us immediately by return email and delete the original message. Thank
you.