Subject: EDIRA and ebXML

http://www.edira.org/

Seems like this is an initiative that makes sense
for us.

In initial contact with one of their members they are
definately ebXML friendly.

Does everyone see this as a useful initiative here?

If so - next steps beckon in terms of having a formal
arrangement to do code management and exchange.

And the other question - how much umpf do they have
(funding?) and is this an area that OASIS is looking to
'outsource' (certainly in Europe) or one they want
to subsume?   Clearly EMA, ECCMA, CEN and others
are all in this space too....

Do we need executive coordination here (my sense
is YES) - and since the Executive now have Coopers
as a resource - is this an area they can manage,
set guidelines for, and develop a Web site area for
resource management of affliated organizations?

DW.