Subject: Re: Interface Primitives Draft V021.

Klaus,

Can I please have an official clarification from the Steering Committee on
this.

As you can see from my original posting - I was indeed clearly stating that

my work is in alignment with and complimentary to the work being done
by Farrukh, and offered 5 numbered items to this effect.

The clarification I am formally seeking is I want it made clear
if in fact only employees of Sun Microsystems and IBM
(International Business Machines) Corp. are allowed to provide input to
 the Registry/Repository group as formal documents - or if other members
 are, from time to time, are allowed to submit <draft> documents detailing
ideas
 and concepts that they feel should be considered in the context of the
 work Sun and IBM are doing?

Also - is it acceptable for people who do not wish to use UML modelling
tools
to illustrate design concepts with alternate comparable methodologies?

Once we have this clarification, then I feel I can better understand how
one
can interact within the Registry / Repository working group.

Respectfully, DW.
Message text written by Farrukh Najmi

David,

I don't know what this document is and how it relates to RegRep. We do not
want to
create parallel universes in regrep. AFAIK I was assigned the task of
defining the RR
info model and registry services spec by Scott as an outcome of our last
meeting. I
am working very hard to do this. This sort of unsolicited activity creates
FUD (Fear,
Uncertainty and Doubt) that is highly undesirable for us to make foreword
progress.
Please cease and desist. Scott, please weigh in as the team lead. I am very
frustrated by this sort of out of band activity. This needs to stop. I will
not have
it any more.

Look David. I thought we had a private conversation that we will work
together and
make this RR stuff work. What we need is to review the work that is already
on the
table. We do not need parallel documents that JUST CREATE FUD. I am so
frustrated
that I cannot even say a nice word about the hard work you have put into
whatever the
heck this document is.

Farrukh