Subject: Re: [Fwd: RE: on the issue of PartyId]

Message text written by Chris Ferris

If we could agree that it must be agreed and specified
in the TPA then I guess I'm cool. How 'bout:

<!ELEMENT PartyId (#PCDATA)>
<!ATTLIST PartyId type CDATA #FIXED 'uriReference'>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Chris,

#FIXED violates the ebXMLmantra!!

Better would be:

<!ELEMENT PartyId (#PCDATA)>
<!ATTLIST PartyId
                      type CDATA #REQUIRED
                      qic CDATA #FIXED 'TRP01001'>

Where the qic reference TRP01001is a GUID for
PartyID that points to the definition of PartyID in the element
(core component) layer in the Registry, and within that
 you can qualify the classification system that 'type' is using.

This is the best of both worlds, the ability to have a
well defined behaviour, but have it extensible.

Thanks, DW.