Subject: RE: [Fwd: RE: on the issue of PartyId]

Message text written by Scott Hinkelman/Austin/IBM

David,
I disagree.

If we can indicate by type not being there to mean partyid is a URI, URI
advocates
should be happy. But why not let the application decide both values if the
attribute is there? Why impose that restriction?

Scott Hinkelman

Scott - I absolutely agree - why are we going to all the trouble of
having the RegRep if we are not going to take advantage of
what it can provide us on the semantic side???

This was the achilles heel of old EDI - too many details you
just had to 'know' - in order to be 'in the exchange club'.

What we want is to be able to reference these details
easily using a set of basic bootstrap functions that are
implicit in the transport method.

Thanks, DW.