Subject: RE: [Fwd: RE: on the issue of PartyId]

DW,
That line was written by David B. not me.
Anyway,
>Notice what Scott was advocating - use the URI and no TYPE
>as the default - means you don;t even need the registry - but
>if you deviate from the path - then you need to tell your
>TP's and then it would not be unreasonable to insist this is
>done electronically via the registry.

I am not convinced on "to insist this is done electronically via a
registry".
That was not what I was advocating. By hangup is basically not to insist it
must
be a URI, and allow the application to alternately decide both the value
and the qualifier.
I'm more interested in getting agreement on this, before discussing the
registry point.

Thanks,
Scott Hinkelman
Senior Software Engineer, IBM Austin
Emerging Technologies, SWG
512-823-8097 (TL 793-8097) (Cell: 512-940-0519)
srh@us.ibm.com, Fax: 512-838-1074

David RR Webber <Gnosis_@compuserve.com>@compuserve.com> on 09/22/2000
10:50:49 AM