Subject: RE: [Fwd: RE: on the issue of PartyId]

DW,

Glad there's someone other than me worrying about efficiency.
However, I would suggest that there's no such thing as a "very
high performance query" -- the number of messages sent is the
same for a query as for a fetch and the number of disk accesses
is probably identical (today's transmission speed say that the
few extra bytes sent don't count for much).  The big things for
efficiency are (a) number of messages, (b) disk access time, and
(c) contect switches.

Your 90+% sounds about right (if not a bit low), but you're getting
into caching policy which I don't know much about.  Who keeps the
cache -- app or service provider?  Who decides the policy, ebXML
for a standardized policy, vendor/implementors, app's themselves?
How often and when is refresh done -- on demand or during idle time?
Host of questions (and headaches unless we throw it over the wall ;-)

Best regards,
Henry