Subject: RE: Reliable Messaging Spec v0-078

Rik,

At this point, I believe that one spec is much easier to read than three
since all three (MS, RM, and security) cover the same architectural layer
and contribute to the combined package or message header.  One spec,
composed with care as to what is in separate sections, and with due
attention to what tags should have cardinality 0 or 1 (I am trying hard not
to use the word "optional" here since that will be interpreted in the
RFC2119 sense), will be much easier to comprehend than 3 separate specs.

We could keep them separate initially, to get some parallelism in the work,
as we are doing with RM, but they should come together before final
approval.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs