Subject: Re: Implementation question for RM spec!

Chris/All,

I don't recall the exact discussion we had when we got to this very
simplistic view, but I think it had to do with error processing and the
need to insure that if the sending MSH gets a sequence of reliable messages
from the Sender, the sending MSH needed to insure they went sequentially.
I'd suggest that we leave this restriction in for Phase 1, or until we have
enough Service Interface semantics defined so that the Sender can tell the
Sending MSH whether messages must be sequenced. If you remove the
restriction now, there is no way for the Sender to indicate this
sequentiality...

RE your third paragraph, this doesn't have anything to do with how the
receiving MSH identifies duplicate messages.

BTW, this restriction is in lines 123-125 in the RM spec I just posted (v0.08).

Jim