Subject: RE: Ack Message Payload??

If ebXMLHeader is not enough to identify the message
completely and requires some dummy payload, we need
to work more on the ebXMLHeader.

Relying on dummy payloads for unambiguity would lead to
ambiguous specs of the TRP, not a good idea.

I am for not having payload when none is required.
Business Processes should handle events (no payload)
as well as normal business documents.

thanks,
Sanjay Patil
------------------------------
Work Phone: 408 350 9619
http://www.netfish.com

-----Original Message-----
From: David RR Webber [mailto:Gnosis_@compuserve.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2000 6:46 AM
To: Christopher Ferris; ebxml transport

Message text written by Christopher Ferris

Regardless, I think that a BP-level ACK *should* have
a payload, even if it is a minimal one like:
        <status>OK</status>

It SHALL have a MessageType="Normal" and it SHALL have
a ServiceInterface and Action appropriate to its purpose
at least for the current state of affairs.

Chris,

Agreed.   Getting back an empty transaction is too ambiguous.

DW.