Subject: comments on Quality Review comments on MSH spec

I have some thoughts on a few of the QR comments on the MSH spec.  I agree
with the responses shown in the 4th column.

Eckenfels: "Party Id occurring multiple times:"  It might have been
appropriate to ask him for a use case.  Stating multiple forms of the
PartyId will be a real can of worms. For example, some function will have
to check that they are consistent with each other.  The commenter says that
this will be good for routing.  I suspect he is thinking of routing as in
VAN vs email, etc.  MSH routing is strictly within the receiving party's
node.  Any one form of PartyId should work for routing purposes.  It should
be pointed out that alternative forms of a party's ID can always be found
in directory services.

Eckenfels: "If there is no earlier message...," next to last sentence:
Again, a use case would be useful.  The kind of message is a Business
Process matter, not a messaging service matter.  It seems as if he is
imagining that the messaging service also provides the business process
implementation.  Also the suggestion for multiple RefToMessageIds demands a
use case.

Eckenfels: " I would allow the following elements to be optional:"
Optionality of TPAInfo, ServiceInterface, Action, and ConverationId. would
require specification in the CPP and CPA since both parties would need to
agree on whether these are used or not.

Neve:  "Business Service Interface" (two comments):  This definitely
demands a use case as indicated in the response.  A given message is
directed to a single service interface.  I believe that he is thinking that
the message header is a TPA.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs