Subject: Re: missing(?) header element

The issue revolves around a design of concern seperation taking into
account
security ramifications and visibilty/responsibility of such *conceptual*
(unspecified,
as we are only specifying a serialization format) layers as a message
service vrs
an application. Even if this sort of entity is the responsibility of the
conceptual application
layer, we should explicitly accomodate it and not think it should be part
of the payload.
One of the value propositions of ebXML is to consistently facilitate items
for vertical
efforts that are addressing the same issues inconsistently, of which this
is one, almost
regardless of it's exact semantics. So, currently there is no other place
to put it except
in the header. It is certainly is something that needs exposure to the
conceptual
application layer. Are the ramifications to this? Do we need another
"place"?

Scott Hinkelman, Senior Software Engineer
XML Industry Enablement
IBM e-business Standards Strategy
512-823-8097 (TL 793-8097) (Cell: 512-940-0519)
srh@us.ibm.com, Fax: 512-838-1074

Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM@IBMUS on 11/16/2000 01:55:18 PM