Subject: RE: Volunteers required for standards mapping

Yes, at a minimum, the CPP would need to specify what messaging
architecture or architectures the party is capable of using.  The CPA would
have to specify which messaging architecture is in use for this pair of
parties.  At a minimum, the CPP/CPA will need, in the document-exchange
section, a single tag identifying the messaging architecture, such as
<MessageService>ebXML-msh</MessageService>.  Subelements might also be
needed depending on the characteristics of the particular messaging
architecture.

There will also be a question of whether a messaging architecture or the
combination of a messaging architecture and application-level process is
being identified.  For example, SOAP is a messaging architecture but I
think of RosettaNet as an application process (or set of processes) that
has its own messaging architecture.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs