Subject: Re: v0.8 Manifest proposal

Mike,

Actually, I have since revised schemaLocation to
be as follows:

	<Schema version="n.n"
		location="....."/>

The purpose of this is NOT to BE a schemaLocation
which would be used by a parser to locate the
schema. Rather, to *inform* the software as to the
version and location of the schema so that it could
(potentially) make a determination as to whether the
software which was going to process the message is
capable to dealing with that version and that schema.

HTH,

Chris

Mike_Leditschke@nemmco.com.au wrote:

> Hi Chris. Something I'd like clarification on w/r/t your manifest proposal.
>
> The W3C XML schema specs make it clear that schemaLocation attributes are
> optional
> and can be ignored by the schema processor. Are you intending the same
> semantics for the schemaLocation you propose in the manifest?
>
> Regards
> Michael
begin:vcard
n:Ferris;Christopher