Subject: RE: Outstanding Issues - LONG please red to end

My 2 cents on #1.

As I already proposed in the relevant thread, I think that the "test indicator" (as it shapes from the original note and from David B.'s comments) looks more like a PING message.
The reason is that it the message will ONLY be processed by the MSH, why should a payload be necessary at all? And, if a payload is not necessary, shouldn't it be better to have a PING or, perhaps better, a "TEST" type-of-message instead than embedding a new attribute?

/Stefano