Subject: proposal: rename/number some sect headings

All,

This issue (renaming/numbering some of our section headers)
was deferred in last week's call because those present
on the call were not prepared to address it. The general
consensus was that they seemed harmless.

I propose that we adopt these changes. If no one objects
via email before the call, the proposed changes will be
considered accepted. See below for the gory details.

Old Sect                        New Sect
------------                    ----------------------
4.3 Audience                    4.3 Audience and Scope
                                (add scope discussion)
5.2 Caveats and Assumptions     4.4 Caveats and Assumptions
                                (relocate line 259 to this section
5.1 .....                       eliminate sub-section header as
unnecessary
7 Definition and Scope          7.0 Packaging
7.5 ebXML Header Document       8.0 Header Document
7.11 Reliable Messaging Flow    9.0 Reliable Messaging
7.13 ebXML Error Reporting      10.0 Error Reporting and Handling
7.14 Security                   11.0 Security

christopher ferris wrote:

> Ian/All,
>
> I'd like to formally add/reopen the following comment
> for consideration. Please add it to the comment database.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris
>
> I'd like to reopen my previous comment (rejected) regarding
> the naming of the various sections of the document.
> In reviewing the TA spec, I notice that they have
> not followed the section naming in all cases. In fact,
> they have modified the section names to better reflect
> what they are (which is all I am advocating). I don't
> believe for a minute that anyone would have a problem
> if we named our document's sections in a meaningful
> manner. I also don't believe for a minute that
>
> >From the TA 0.93 spec:
>         - 4.2 Audience and Scope
> I think that this actually makes a great deal of sense.
> Note also that the TA spec does NOT have a section
> entitled "Definition and Scope" as we have for
> our section 7. I would also cite that we have,
> for all intents and purposes, a set of caveats
> and assumptions listed in our section 4.3 "Audience".
> Finally, I think that it would be useful to call
> out as separate sections the various sub-components
> of the messaging service (see below.)
>
> Proposal: rename the following sections, renumber all
> subsections affected accordingly:
>
> Old                             New
> ------------                    ----------------------
> 4.3 Audience                    4.3 Audience and Scope
>                                 (add scope discussion)
> 5.2 Caveats and Assumptions     4.4 Caveats and Assumptions
>                                 (relocate line 259 to this section
> 5.1 .....                       eliminate sub-section header as
> unnecessary
> 7 Definition and Scope          7.0 Packaging
> 7.5 ebXML Header Document       8.0 Header Document
> 7.11 Reliable Messaging Flow    9.0 Reliable Messaging
> 7.13 ebXML Error Reporting      10.0 Error Reporting and Handling
> 7.14 Security                   11.0 Security
>
> Note that I have removed 'ebXML' from sections 7.5 and 7.13
> as it should be patently obvious that all of this relates
> to ebXML. I think that it is overly redundant to qualify
> section headers in this manner.
begin:vcard
n:Ferris;Christopher
tel;cell:508-667-0402
tel;work:781-442-3063
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Sun Microsystems, Inc;XTC Advanced Development
version:2.1
email;internet:chris.ferris@east.sun.com
title:Sr. Staff Engineer
fn:Christopher Ferris