Subject: Comments on 0.8 DTDs

I spent some time validating the DTD in appendix A.1 with the examples at
the end of the 0.8 document.  Here are some of the problems I came up with:

Header DTD: Appendix A.1
Specifies a #FIXED value of "http://ebxml.org/namespaces/messageHeader" when
the text says the value should be
"http://www.ebxml.org/namespaces/messageHeader".  The latter is also what
appears in the later examples.

Example1: Appendix B.1
The DOCTYPE specifies a DTD of "level1-10122000.dtd".  Where did that come
from? It is not specified in the text of the spec.  Since these will be
separate, small XML documents, if they are validated, the validator will
either fetch the DTD from a repository or it will know the DTD.  In either
case, the DTD needs a consistent name.  Since these documents will be
transmitted to anyone validating them, there will be no "base" to use to
fetch this relative DTD name.  So, I'd recommend the DTD should be specified
with:
	<!DOCTYPE ebXMLHeader PUBLIC "-//ebXML//DTD ebXML Header 1.0//EN"
	                                        SYSTEM
"http://www.ebxml.org/DTD/ebxmlHeader-1.dtd">
and that this be specified in the text of the document.

Example2: Appendix B.2
The required element "RoutingHeader" is not in the ebXMLHeader element.
Something needs to be added.

	Robert Adams
	mailto:Robert.Adams@intel.com
	MS JF3-212
	2111 NE 25th Ave
	Hillsboro, OR   97124    USA
	phone: +1.503.264.9424; cell: +1.503.709.3259; FAX: +1.503.264.3375