Subject: RE: Additional MIME headers

I would think this is more a function of the API to the transport system
rather then an extension to the existing headers...  The API could return
the "extended MIME header" or it could return the extra MIME information in
a new version of the header syntax.

It's too bad we are not specifying the API.  There are a lot of semantics
that we could pass off to or specify as a function of an API.

	Robert Adams
	mailto:Robert.Adams@intel.com
	MS JF3-212
	2111 NE 25th Ave
	Hillsboro, OR   97124    USA
	phone: +1.503.264.9424; cell: +1.503.709.3259; FAX: +1.503.264.3375

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew MacKenzie [mailto:matt@xmlglobal.com]
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2000 7:44 PM
To: Burdett, David
Cc: ebXML Transport (E-mail)

Group,
It might be prudent to place an extra, optional element into the
ebXMLHeader to hold the extra headers in the off chance
they are useful (maybe not crucially useful).  A messaging server may
use the mime headers to set things like server version,
time when the messaging layer accepted the message and other such minor
vendor enhancements.

Example:

Server: FooCom_ebXML_SRV/1.1.2
M-Receipt_Time: 20011222T230333.12

would be...
<ebXMLHeader>
<MIMEExtraInfo>
    <Server>FooCom_ebXML_SRV/1.1.2</Server>
    <M-Receipt_Time>20011222T230333.12</M-Receipt_Time>
</MIMEExtraInfo>

</ebXMLHeader>

Of course, the server could just read the extra mime headers itself and
do something with it, but having them in
the header would cut down overhead for those who want this data.

Cheers,

Matt