Subject: Re: minutes 21-Dec-2000 tr&p con-call

Mr. Doug Bunting,

On Wed, 27 Dec 2000 15:59:44 -0800
Doug Bunting <Doug@ariba.com> wrote:
> Lower-level issues with the current sequence number semantics: The
> wraparound algorithm does not guarantee delivery of the last few messages
> before starting at 0.  The receiver has no way to learn what the highest
> number was prior to wrapping around.  And, how do these semantics handle
> messages that fail due to an incorrect ebXML Header document?  Should a
> replacement message that corrects the error reuse the previous sequence
> number?

To resolve the problem you pointed out, WindowSize has following
limitation:

    maximum WindowSize <= range size of SequenceNumber / 2

It is not my original idea, it is usual way in SlidingWindow algorithm.
In the latest RM spec, range size of SequenceNumber is 100,000,000 (0 -
99,999,999). So maximum WindowSize is 50,000,000. I will revise the
description of the WindowSize to add this. Thank you for your mention.

SHIMAMURA Masayoshi <shima.masa@jp.fujitsu.com>
TEL:+81-45-476-4590(ext.7128-4241)  FAX:+81-45-476-4726(ext.7128-6783)
Planning Dep., Strategic Planning Div., Software Group, FUJITSU LIMITED